👩🚀 Thanks for stopping by, if you are reading this it is because I've successfully managed to put at least one podcast out there. In short, this is my journey to build a living for myself.
For a while I've wanted to put a podcast together. On what I was quite unsure until I saw Road to Ramen. My main problem for the last few months (perhaps longer) has been that I've been a little lost and a little too dormant when it comes to figuring out what it is exactly that I want to be doing with my life. The one thing I do know is that I want to find a way to self sustain myself through something I build.
The main question is why?!
Why do I want to do this? Well, a few reasons...
- I want to realise my potential, whatever that may be! - This is important to me. As someone who's always felt like they've never quite reached their potential, I want to put some effort behind this and see if that's really true or if it's a perception in my head.
- Pay for a coffee - If I can afford just one cup of coffee from this at my favourite coffee shop, that would be an awesome side effect. I would like to work toward sustainability and eventually paying rent. Not directly from the podcast, but from creative endeavours.
- Documentation - I want to actually observe the patterns of where I am going wrong. While I've built things in the last two or so years, I've not quite been able to monetise or communicate my successes and failures. I want to be able to retrospectively look back and give back!
- Catharsis! - I need to do the cathartic work of doing by doing. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but often you find answers by actively doing things. While I've built two websites since the start of the year, I've not diversified into other interests such as podcasts.
- Inspire those like me - I'm keen to also inspire those on the cusp of wanting to build something, but perhaps they've not quite made that first step yet. I want people to see that failures are normal and part of the creative process. In a nut shell, I want to make something like what I've been looking for.
- Practice self-discipline - In a way, I struggle to do this through the sports activities I do, so I want to start small with something less 'physical' and re-learn self-discipline by doing that one thing and only one thing regularly. In addition to the physical exercises, of course.
So now that I've outlined why and the inspiration by DK the Human, I'll attempt to get on with it. One last final disclaimer however, I do often have the tendency to ramble and go 'off-piste'. I think a favourite podcast of mine which reflects a little bit my thought process sometimes is the excellent JFDI cast by Mills from ustwo.
I'm already rambling.
The point is, do not expect utmost coherence (or even professionalism) from each episode. I will tackle different aspects of building, creativity and stumbling blocks. This effectively acts as another way for me to express my thought processes and what I am going through while trying to re-find purpose and build something fulfilling.
This might all fizzle out at some point, but gotta try.